Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 26, 2013 - Everything is in the Lords time.

Hey Mom and Dad,

Things are going a little crazy, but I am doing really well. Today is P-day obviously but we ended up helping a couple move this morning. Their names are the Ropers, they got home from their mission from Guatemala 6 months ago or so, and are renting out their house to move to their condo in St. George to be closer to their kids. It makes Pday more stressful and we get less done, but they were really good people, and wouldn’t have asked for our help if they didn’t need it, and if they knew it was a P-Day. Fun fact; two of their boys are millionaire marijuana farmers. Sad to see them move out, Bro. Roper served in Hawaii back in the day and wears awesome flower ties and a pair of black Jordans to church, he also enjoys playing xbox and is just an awesome guy. Plus his wife is a California form of Jan Galovich.

Tony sends you guys pictures every now and again because he is the man. We are best friends. He is one of the ward missionaries. Tony really is the best, he has taken care of me since the day I got here, and he could tell I needed it. He would do anything for me; he even ordered me a pair of Vans off of ebay because I mentioned that they were my favorite kind of shoes. He is not even close to being a faithful member, but he is one of the most Christ-like people I know. He supplies us with an interesting Teaching pool, all of the friends that he finds and takes care of, that he doesn’t want to die of an overdose or something like that. I hope I get to stay here in Laguna Hills for a while to be around him more.

I survived round one of Transfers. This cycle was only 5 weeks instead of 6. Speculation would have it that in the next transfer in 6 weeks; my trainer will be transferred to another area, and I will stay in this one, and get put with a missionary who has been out for longer than I have. But my leadership has told me to be prepared, because they would not be surprised if even the missionaries as young as I, will end up training very soon due to the increase in missionaries.

You all at home probably heard of all of the new missions opening up, and the most impacting one to me is the Irvine Mission. I can see Irvine from parts of my area, its only 5 minutes away on the free way, so come July, I could very well be reassigned to that mission. I don’t think anyone knows the boundaries yet, but I would assume a good part of southern Orange County is included. I don’t really know how I feel about that, because I was wanting to work my way further south. I would especially enjoy serving in Valley Center or Falbrook. I hear good things about the areas in San Diego County.

The big thing we have been learning this week has been timing. Everything is in the Lords time. Not our time. Even great things can be ineffective or insignificant if they are not done in the right time. Too soon or too late; I feel like it is an important thing to learn, for all aspects of life.

The other, more impacting thing I learned was where I would be without the Gospel in my life. We have been teaching a lot of kids my age who’s lives are not in the best of conditions. They kind of just float around and party, sometimes they do not know where they are going to sleep or if they are going to eat. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have been born into a good family and that my parents were born into a good family and so on. We weren’t each generation born into money like the kids I teach, but we are much happier.


I love you!

Elder Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment