Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Email #2 January 29, 2013 Scott conversation "you cant get anymore foriegn than so cal haha"

thanks dad! I have been trying! I conatacted a guy in his garage working on a 76 yamaha bike and talked about the trail 90 for a bit. but he is crazy atheist haha. 
love, Riley


On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Scott Strong <scottstrong73@hotmail.com> wrote:
Remember to use your interests and knowledge about different thing to help create relationships and use them to help you have a good in.  Here is your chance to Prove yourself, make the mission better!!

You will do good

I'm so proud of you.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 29, 2013, at 12:36 PM, "James Riley Strong" <jamess@myldsmail.net> wrote:
tuesdays. and I have been keeping track in my planner of all the cars I see. my bishop has some sort of Porsche hidden in his garage, definately more than just a boxter but I don't know what kind. everyone here is obsessed with apperances. and it kindof makes me sad as a missionary because no one gives a crap about what I want to give them.


On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Scott Strong <scottstrong73@hotmail.com> wrote:
I'm sure you will see a lot of cool cars there.  It's snowing here.. I put 10 miles on my 4 wheeler plowing yesterday and  there is about 6" more today.

Is your p day going to be Mondays regularly or Tuesdays?

Scott Strong


On Jan 29, 2013, at 11:57, "James Riley Strong" <jamess@myldsmail.net> wrote:
I have been waiting all week to Email you guys. I get mail on fridays, so it probabaly wont be a very good way to communicate. but that is the only way to talk to Zoe. I have been having a good time here, I am in the area called Laguna Hills. It is the nothernmost city in the mission. I am pretty close to the beach but I cannot see it. The people here are either pretty well off,(they live in houses which are really expensive here) or people are poor and living way out of their means. in the complex we live in, there are a lot of unemployed people. and the rent for the apartments is about 1350 a month!!! it is a one bedroom, one bath place with a small kitchen. that is ridicoulus! 

I feel stupid because I left my card reader at the appartment so I cant send you pictures untill next week. It sucks basically. but I have some good ones. There is a dusty RX-7 that lives in the complex and it makes me wonder who is letting it sleep there. It definately has not moved in a while. the area is really nice. tons of parks and the houses are super nice. not that big,. but really nice. it is definately a different place. my mission president says you cant get anymore foriegn than so cal haha. I am going to write a letter to mom and you guys can forward parts of this to everyone. the complex i live in is called Allicia Village so you can check it out on the net.   

Love you! keep up the hard work!
Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment