Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2, 2014

Hello everybody!

This week was great, I got my new companion, Elder Wongsuwan (Woeng-sue-one) Yeah, I am still learning how to say it too.... I don't have a picture with him yet, but I am sure it will happen eventually. We have been super busy trying to meet up with everyone, and working to start something good up in our area. Elder W is learning fast.


The pictures are of me and Elder Elquist (from Spanish Fork, Jason knows him);

 Ben Treadway with me holding a portrait of his brother Brandon. They are cool guys from the YSA Branch, Brandon left for BYU last week, and Ben leaves for BYUI today. It was awesome to get to know them and learn from them at church. Ben served with someone I know from High School, Golden Money, they were companions in the Milan, Italy Mission. Ben had us over for lunch on friday and made us pizza and pasta.

Something I have been trying to do lately (and I might have said this already) is that I am trying to be like a well trained horse. Strong, powerful, (beautiful), Smart, instinctive, etc.  yet a well trained horse, is meek, and humble, and follows the direction of its master. I think that so much we assume that humility means that we have to think that we are less than what we really are. but, what it really means, is that we use all that we are, and follow the council of those who know and understand more than we do. A great horse is powerful and knows what it can do, but lets sometimes even young children lead it to where they need to go. 

Sorry I don't have much to say right now! love you!

-- 
Elder James Riley Strong
 
HOLINESS TO THE LORD


No comments:

Post a Comment