Sunday, August 4, 2013

July 30, 2013

Hello.
 
They changed our P-Day to Monday, but then they changed their minds. and so we had pday on Tuesday like normal. and then they changed their minds back so next week it will be on moday.
 
The Internet was down at the regular library that we go to, so we had to go further into Escondido instead of the San Marcos library. we stopped at a thrift store on the way, and I got a 3 piece suit and shoes and a belt for 20 bucks haha, I got pretty lucky. they also had bags full of ties for 10 dollars so Elder Depain and I split one so hopefully there are some decent ties in there. shout out to the people who sent me money recently who allowed me to buy a new suit and shoes. you know who you are.
 
We did a lot of service last Friday, we emptied out a storage unit for these potential investigators. they were so impressed that we got it done so fast, and that we had help from the Elders Quorum (1 guy) haha. So to repay us they are going to have us over for dinner on the 10th. that is Elder Despains Bday and mine is the next week, so they told us they would make something special for us.
 
So.... I never told you, that in Laguna I strained my knee a little bit doing some service. It went away, I just over worked it a little moving couches and a piano. the about 2monthsago we were running, we wanted to get a really good work out in since it was a Saturday and we could rest on sunday. and, well when we were sprinting up the hill I felt my left knee go POP and then it hurt fairly bad. it got all swollen and bruised. but I took care of it with instruction from sister Cook, and it got better. when we were helping empty this storage unit there was a 600 pound safe and after we loaded it into the truck my knee was killing me. so we went to Brother Zundels house, he is a Naval Doctor, and he examined me, and told me that I had partially tore my LCL and hurt my IT band in my left knee.  So I have been doing stretches for physical therapy type stuff in the morning while Elder Despain runs around me. And I cant ride my bike which is kind of a pain. but hopefully this will help it heal so I wont re-re-injure it. and hopefully I will never have to get surgery on it. It isn't to bad anymore. only after a lot of use does it hurt, and only getting up out of the car and going up stairs and stuff like that. No worries
 
Pats Baptism is on Saturday, another team Baptism for me and Elder Thunell. wish me luck that my knee doesn't give out when I am carrying her into the pool haha. President Kendrick told me "Elder Strong, I am extremely excited for Sister Vincent's Baptism, she is going to be a solid new member. Good Work, Love you. -PK" imagine that with a Texan accent. isn't that awesome"? haha
 
Well gotta go.
 
Love you!
Elder Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment