Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 17, 2014

Dear Family,
Well hi there,it is good to talk to all of you! This week has been pretty great, I got my new companion, his name is Elder Morrison, he is from Palmyra, New York.. pretty crazy huh? It has helped introductions carry into teaching so much! haha
We opened our calls on the same day, and were in the MTC at the same time! FINALLY I am with someone that isn't brand new or going home! We have been having tons of success, our first night together we picked up a new investigator and set a date with him! The rest of the week pretty much went just as well, we have picked up tons of potentials, and set a lot of appointments for this week. He is super funny and we have a lot of the same interests. I am excited to see how this transfer goes.
I have had a ton of questions about politics the last few weeks so I have been studying talks on my spare time (when I am not studying for investigators). I found an Ensign Magazine from June 1976 that is a GOLD MINE for this topic, because it is the issue that is about the U.S. Bicentenial. I have found a lot of great things that have strengthened my testimony of the church and that it is divinely led. It is heartwarming to see how much the Lord truly loves every man, woman, and child, no matter what. 
God has given us all the freedom to choose for ourselves, and he has inspired the hearts of many to protect that freedom, especially in this country.
I love you all and hope everything goes well this week!


--
Elder James Riley Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment