Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 10, 2014 - The Elders of the TRUE and LIVING Church

Dear Family,
I don't know if you remember me talking about S---- H----, he was a friend of mine in Escondido. We met him last July, and he said "I really don't want to waste your time, I just want to know how I can get Baptized."
He couldn't get baptized right away because he was on parole, and it is part of the repentance process to fulfill the requirements of the law if you have committed a serious crime before you are baptized. His Parole Officer said he could get off early but it was more lengthy than we expected. He finally stood before the Judge and told him that he felt he had made the changes necessary to be let off of Parole. And that is definitely a true statement.
On Saturday, he was Baptized by one of my favorite members C---- S-----. Elder English is still in the ward that he was baptized in, and him and his companion gave a presentation while we waited for Chuck and Steve to dress, and Elder Despain and I came back to the Twin Oaks Valley Ward to give the talks at his service.

It was great to see how much Elders Despain and English have grown since I was with them at the start of their missions, and to see all of the members that I love from the TOV Ward. But mostly, it was soul quenching to see Steve finally enter into the font, something he has had a strong testimony of for a long time, coupled with a desire to give back to the Lord for all of the blessings he has seen in the past few years of his life.
Transfers are tomorrow and Elder Campbell is leaving, and I will recieve a new companion. Obviously.
That is about it, things are going good. not much different really.
Love you!
P.S. K--- , I sent this to you so you could send these pictures to Bro. Birch
   


--
Elder James Riley Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment