Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 10, 2014

Dear Family,
 
This week was a pretty hard week. But I think that sometimes we have to have bad times. "...if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of the eternities. Thou must commune with God..." Joseph Smith
 
Although, I didn't exactly search into or contemplate the darkest abyss this week, but I came pretty close. Plus, I like the quote.
 
We started teaching this super spiritual couple, Robin and Jayshree. Robin is from Canada and Jayshree is from India. They are "Christian" but they are more kindof like the kind of person that thinks that God is in and around everything. Plus they follow this guy who is supposed to be another embodiment of God, "just like Jesus Christ was" As you can see, our work is cut out for us. They are way cool, everyone we teach is. everyone in the world is.
 
We are trying to get them to read the book of mormon, they are really really cool and nice, and they think that it is SO COOL that there is a huge Harri Krishna temple in Spanish Fork, and they think it is way cooler that my friends and I went there for lunch a lot, and to the holly festival. I kind of have a double "IN" there with cars and Harri Krishna chants... haaha
 
I don't know if I told you but we split the ward, and Elder Hamblin from the MTC is on the other side of it. HE IS IN MY DISTRICT NOW!!! haha I love that guy. it is so fun to see him, and we get to have dinner apppointments together sometimes. The ward loves that both sides of the ward are friends, because they said that sometimes it seems like a competition, which is true.
 
Well, I am excited for a new week. sometimes you just need to take advantage of that.
 
Love you

Elder James Riley Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment