Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 24, 2013

Hello,
 
You are probably wondering why I am emailing on a monday, because of the mission split, we are going to have a transfer meeting tomorrow, and it will be a special one with all of the missionaries. President and Sister Cook will be going home on the 30th so this is our chance to be with them all together, and say goodbye to them. I will miss them, they are both so sweet.
 
This last week has been out of control. Elder Barnes scraped his shin last week, and didn't clean it very well. So 4 or 5 days later, he had a super high fever and his leg was extremely swolen. It looked like he had elephantitus. So he had to spend a lot of time off of his leg, and at the pharmacy and at a doctors house (Dr. Zundell in our ward). Luckily with three of us we were able to drop him off with a preisthood holder, and Elder Thunell and I were able to still go out most of the time.  It is terrible that this is his last week and he cant really do anything.
 
So, I am not getting Transferred. That means I am staying in the Carlsbad Mission, and not in the Irvine Mission. I am going to miss Orange County but I think I like North County better, there are a lot more people who like to talk to us here. The San Diego Temple is beautiful but Newport is still my favorite. We will have to go there so I can chill in Laguna again. I don't know what is going to happen with Elder Thunell and I yet, we will either be together covering both wards for a week until next tuesday or we will each be getting new companions tomorrow and going our seperate ways. It is a VERY confusing time for everyone right now. No one has the slightest clue as to what could happen.
 
The Broadcast last night was awesome! If you didn't watch it, you should! It's on LDS.org and it is well worth the time. They put a lot of good stuff in there. It was an honor to be a part of it, it was a very unique conference. I hope my ward grabs on to the missionary work spirit and flies!
 
I love you, I am going to try and find a card reader to shoot you some pics!
 
Elder Strong
 

No comments:

Post a Comment