Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 21, 2014

Dear Loved Ones,
Hey! This week went by extremely fast. In fact, this transfer has gone by extremely fast.
We had stake conference this week but it was pretty much an Area Conference, because it was broadcast from SLC to all of Southern California. Elder Anderson and Eyring spoke, also the relief society general president and someone from the 70. It was really neat! They talked a lot about having responsibilities to share the gospel with your family members and being held accountable for them. It was SUPER BOLD. That is something I have noticed with the saints in CA, they have to know that God doesn't change according to their opinions or interests. And the Church doesn't cater to the path that they want to take. There is only one way, and only one name in which we can be saved. It was amazing how they did it, that they maintained the obvious love and charity. I was touched.
I went to an Mission Leadership Council last week that was with a few brethren from SLC in the missionary department. One of them works with the Apostles when they assign calls. the other was the guy in charge of training teachers and establishing programs in the MTC's in North America. so basically Provo and Mexico. They had a lot of really good things to say and gave us a really spiritual meeting. so we have been planning a great zone training meeting to relay the message to all of the missionaries in our zone. I am a little nervous that we are not able to present the message in a way that will inspire a change of heart.
I have been really great lately, I feel that we have been blessed to see this ward improve even in the short time that I have been here. I hope to see an increase in investigators this week, I know that there are more out there for us to find.
Thanks for the treats, Elder Campbell and I ate it all in like 3 days haha. plus we shared with the 1st ward Elders.
Oh yeah, I gave a three month old baby a blessing last night, it was our investigator Jozlyns baby. We haven't heard from her yet, but she went into the ER right after. I hope that she is ok.
Love, Elder Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment