Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 9, 2013



Did you know that you can order your deceased ancestors patriarchal blessing from LDS.org? 

I just got Grandpa Nelson's (Mark Wayne Nelson), and Great Grandpa Strong's (James A. Strong) in the mail. Apparently they don't have Grandma Jane's on record, or she never got one. Same with James Mark Nelson (great grandpa nelson)

It is really interesting, I feel like it would be great for after a mission, but I don't really have time to read them during studies. 


This week

This week has been pretty awesome. There is a 12 yr old girl that we have been helping to get baptized for 4 years, but her dad wouldn't let her. Her Mom and her older brothers are members but her Dad is not. The biggest problem is that her Dad doesn't speak English, so the Spanish Elders had to help us with it. yesterday at church, Brianna came up to us and said "Elders, guess what!... I'm getting baptized." her cheeks got super red and she smiled in a very thankful and humble manner. I am so happy this is finally happening! on the.. something of October, I just realized that the 5th is General Conference, so that's not going to work.. 

Steve is stoked for his Baptism, he loves everything we give him and really loves being a part of things. I know that whatever happens there is going to be good. I don't know when I am going to be leaving but it will probably be on the 24th of September. Hopefully Steve's will happen on the scheduled September 21st.

Also, a Recent Converts son is getting ready for a Baptism. after the ward split he started getting taught by the other Elders in the ward. when we were working with him he was getting really close, but he is nine, so he has nine year old boy issues. But he is really smart and he is the Ace of his primary class that he has gone to since June, he is totally ready, he just needs to gain an attention span and stop being so stubborn. He told the other Elders that he wants to be Baptized now, and he wants me to baptize him! haha, that little punk always made fun of me and told me that he was going to wait until I left to be Baptized. But it will probably happen this Saturday.

Giving the dirty 'dido a bath!

Anyways, love you! 

-- Elder James Riley Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment