Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28, 2013 - "The Dirty 'Dido"

Hello,
 
So I think you were emailed by some ward members, and possibly had a picture texted to you from my new ward. I am in the Twin Oaks Valley Ward, in the Escondido Stake. My Ward is mostly in the City of San Marcos though. The best part, is that we live in a two bedroom apartment by our selves. so we have our own bathrooms! its pretty sweet to
 
My new Companion is Elder Barnes, from Rigby, Idaho. He is a bee keeper. and he is going home this transfer. So another one transfer companion. I will have to learn the ward really quickly while Elder Barnes is still here to be able to carry on the work with my next companion.
 
This area is not like Orange County. It is supposed to be really hot in the summer (we shall see) and it is more humble for sure. It is hard to be a part of a new ward. I will probably never get used to getting transferred.
 
There are a few investigators in this area that are really close to the church and just need some help to get to the point where they can be baptized. They are converted to the gospel but haven't finished making the steps required to join the church. It is really cool to be with them and to see the testimony that they have.
 
I have been having really good studies lately, I know that it is because of how consecrated my companion is, and the spirit is a lot stronger and more frequent when we are teaching together. I can tell how much I have grown in the last 6 months (almost) and I hope to keep progressing so I can become fully consecrated too.
 
I love you both, and hope everything is going well. I think I might have one of our 'free spirited hippy potential investigators' paint my bike  just a thought I had.
 
Anyways.
 
Love you, Elder Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment